Monday 7 February 2011

Bricks, Cash and Hookers

Hello dear readers. Another week stretches out before us like a stretchy outy thing.

The highlight of the day for me, in terms of activity in the chamber was Education Minister John Hayes saying he had 'laid many bricks' at Lewisham College and 'without any great skill'. It was nice to hear so many MPs chuckling away with the same toilet humour I enjoy. Of course nothing is ever going to beat 'Accidental C**t Day'.

I walked past Bill Cash and Graham Brady complaining about lawyers at the top of the escalators in PCH and was about to whisper “sound” under my breath when my heel twisted and I very nearly collided with the chairman of the 1922 committee. Damn tiled floors! Why couldn’t they cover all of the atrium in green carpet like the House of Commons? Yes, the carpet fibers clump together to form large rolling balls of green yuck but the chance of breaking one’s ankle is seriously reduced! I managed to right myself and trot away without losing too much face.
Some will say that three inch heels are not ideal for a working environment but as my dear old gran used to say “If you’ve got it, flaunt it. If you haven’t, find someone who does and flaunt them.” It may be this outlook that resulted in her being arrested as a brothel madam during the war. Dear granny, a business woman and free marketeer till the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment